Takeaways for Press Release
- Have the right contact list that is updated.
- Put social media handles on your press release.
- The press release should include the 5 w’s in the first sentence/paragraph.
Takeaways for Media Advisories
- Look at different perspectives (put yourself in the journalist’s shoes.)
- The Media Advisory must be grabby.
- You can spend more time on photo and photo captions to send to the media.
On Facebook and Twitter
- It’s important to know your brand voice.
- Find a conversation when using social media.
- Social media is a good way to get your press release out.
- Posts should be consistent.
- When writing prepared remarks you should include taking points.
- When you are writing a pitch letter it is important to know the media outlet you are sending it to.